One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Feeling a little lost about what all these terms mean? We've compiled a glossary of the most common terms using a variety of resources to help!
Get all the basics on adhesive tape - from learning exactly what a PSA is to the factors that help you determine the right one, our guide will get you started!
Datasheets for adhesive tape give you a lot of specs - and it's important to understand what all those numbers mean and how they apply to your selection process.
By asking a few basic questions you can ensure that you're picking the exact right tape for your application. Use our handy guide to help guide the way!
Get the eBook
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your specific application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Budnick has decades of experience developing application, product, and process solutions - read about some of our favorite solutions below!
Case Study Custom Printing
Budnick's flexographic printing capabilities were put to the test to create custom printed container seals for a leading packaging manufacturer.
- The seals feature Budnick’s ability to combine static flexo printed images with variable printed data
- Lot numbers were printed in both barcode and human readable for on four labels
- The labels’ adhesive system sticks to multiple surfaces and includes a tamper evident security feature
Case Study Extrusion Mounting
Unable to meet production goals due to an extrusion that failed to bond to a medical sink, this medical equipment manufacturer turned to Budnick to develop a solution.
- Customer was using an extruder’s failing foam to attach an extrusion to a sink base
- A new acrylic foam with quick-stick properties was tested and implemented
- Budnick worked with a new extruder to develop a properly fitting extrusion
Case Study Improved Process
Inconsistencies in tape usage and scrapping a significant amount of product were becoming a serious issue for a well-known appliance manufacturer.
- Foam-in-place insulation application was failing – 30% of the refrigerator doors were scrapped
- Converted product designed to hold foam insulation in and allow more air and water to escape
- The customer’s amount of discarded doors dropped from 30% all the way down to 5%