One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Feeling a little lost about what all these terms mean? We've compiled a glossary of the most common terms using a variety of resources to help!
Get all the basics on adhesive tape - from learning exactly what a PSA is to the factors that help you determine the right one, our guide will get you started!
Datasheets for adhesive tape give you a lot of specs - and it's important to understand what all those numbers mean and how they apply to your selection process.
By asking a few basic questions you can ensure that you're picking the exact right tape for your application. Use our handy guide to help guide the way!
Get the eBook
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your specific application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Budnick has decades of experience developing application, product, and process solutions - read about some of our favorite solutions below!
Case Study Quick Response
A commercial refrigeration manufacturer needed to protect commercial coolers from the time they were on the production floor to installation.
- Customer was looking for a product to act as a bumper on the commercial coolers
- Bumpers needed to withstand high temperatures while being transported in train cars
- The bumpers would be applied to metal surfaces and needed clean removability
Case Study Reengineering
A medical equipment manufacturer turned to Budnick to implement process improvements related to their medical cabinets.
- Customer also wanted to reduce their number of vendors
- Customer needed a solution to mount brackets and secure a medical hose
- Both gaskets needed to be FDA approved due to cleaning and sterilization
Case Study Small Changes
A customer was using a high tack adhesive for numerous applications throughout their process - but there were issues with some having exposed adhesive.
- Multi-use tape was used for several applications and redundant on use
- After the tape was applied, adhesive was exposed in some areas
- Customer continued with a single product that would fit all the existing applications