One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Feeling a little lost about what all these terms mean? We've compiled a glossary of the most common terms using a variety of resources to help!
Get all the basics on adhesive tape - from learning exactly what a PSA is to the factors that help you determine the right one, our guide will get you started!
Datasheets for adhesive tape give you a lot of specs - and it's important to understand what all those numbers mean and how they apply to your selection process.
By asking a few basic questions you can ensure that you're picking the exact right tape for your application. Use our handy guide to help guide the way!
Get the eBook
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your specific application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Budnick has decades of experience developing application, product, and process solutions - read about some of our favorite solutions below!
Case Study Process Review
This customer was spending far too much time masking cabinets before wash and baking cycles, having to use different tapes for each step.
- Process review was performed with a trusted tape manufacturer
- Implemented a tape that withstood both the painting and powder coating processes
- Converted products saved the customer valuable production time
Case Study Adaptation
After not having any success with vendor solutions, this customer contacted Budnick to design a nontraditional solution for their metal pan sealing needs:
- Adapted a product designed for sealing roofs and metal enclosures
- Withstood all customer application's demanding needs
- Saved customer from recalling over 30,000 units
Case Study Small Changes
A customer was using a high tack adhesive for numerous applications throughout their process - but there were issues with some having exposed adhesive.
- Multi-use tape was used for several applications and redundant on use
- After the tape was applied, adhesive was exposed in some areas
- Customer continued with a single product that would fit all the existing applications