One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Feeling a little lost about what all these terms mean? We've compiled a glossary of the most common terms using a variety of resources to help!
Get all the basics on adhesive tape - from learning exactly what a PSA is to the factors that help you determine the right one, our guide will get you started!
Datasheets for adhesive tape give you a lot of specs - and it's important to understand what all those numbers mean and how they apply to your selection process.
By asking a few basic questions you can ensure that you're picking the exact right tape for your application. Use our handy guide to help guide the way!
Get the eBook
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your specific application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Budnick has decades of experience developing application, product, and process solutions - read about some of our favorite solutions below!
Case Study Efficiency
Working in tandem with our distribution customer, we were able to identify an ideal solution for the end user, improving both production efficiency and the bottom line.
- Distributor approached Budnick regarding their customer, a vinyl window manufacturer
- By modifying the final format we were able to reduce machine stoppage dramatically
- Several options were presented to consider and implement in their processes
Case Study Attaching Stiffener Bars to Computer Enclosures
An electronics manufacturer needed a more efficient method to attach stiffener bars to computer boxes.
- The customer had previously been using spot welds to attach the stiffener bars
- Budnick die cut a high bond foam that would adhere to powder coated paint
- Budnick developed a jig that holds parts in place in order to to ease assembly
Case Study Improved Process
Too much wasted product and stoppages during production brought this architectural window manufacturer to Budnick.
- Tape was inconsistent when being applied to window muntin bars
- Workers were applying the tape by hand, resulting in too much wasted material
- Budnick’s production manager worked directly with customer on the application issue