Using the correct process and capability for a material and job is invaluable when it comes to precision parts. Our wide array of presses and their individual characteristics allows us to identify, trial, and ultimately start production using the appropriate machine for customers’ materials/parts.
Rotary Die Cutting
Using precision engraved steel cylinders, we can quickly and easily die-, cavity-, kiss-, or butt-cut a wide variety of roll goods - both adhesive and non-adhesives tapes, foams, plastics, and films up to 1/8"thick.
Flatbed Die Cutting
Flatbed die-cutting helps save money on tooling and accommodates thicker and softer material than most rotary methods allow. This process is ideal for shorter but still intricate production runs.
Advanced equipment allows us to minimize scrap and maximize runtimes and production efficiency - from longer length rolls and finger lift edges, to reduced scrap by spacing parts without a matrix.
What We Offer
We have the versatility to die cut almost any material with a multitude of different processes and hit customer specs every time. Each machine and operator have different qualities that line up with individual customer needs and our years of knowledge makes Budnick the best in the industry. Our rotary presses allow us to provide both roll and sheeted parts while holding the tightest of tolerances. The flatbed department can work with tricky materials and still provide the edge quality and product consistency of a tooled part. Whether you’re looking for a doubled coated die cut adhesive in roll form for long production runs or a less dense individual foam part with tight tolerances we’ll find the right process and provide the right part every time.
Materials: Tape | Pressure Sensitive Materials | Silicone Rubber | Fabric | Label Stock | Plastic Liner | Plastic | Gasket Materials | UHMW | Foil | Non-Woven | Foam | Silicone Foam | Abrasive | Specialty Materials | Rubber & More
Budnick has developed a series of proprietary die-cutting processes that lead to cleaner, more accurate cuts. Read on to learn how else we've improved our customers' processes!
Case Study Custom Adhesive
Using an expensive multi-layered double coated foam for gap filling in their oven doors was creating problems for a major appliance manufacturer.
- Developed a better solution with a custom product that fully fit their needs
- Improved the customer's application methods in the process
- Helped both the customer's bottom line and their production line workers
Case Study Performance
A fuel tank manufacturer was hand cutting tape to the dimensions of their logo, only to see the tape fail
- Customer was using a film tape that was not a long-term emblem mounting solution
- Hand-cutting the tape was no longer a feasible option for the customer either
- Customer needed a tape that could withstand environmental elements
Case Study Enhanced Production
Lacking in production efficiency and healthy hands, this aerospace came to Budnick in search of solutions for a complex masking application.
- Workers were cutting tape by hand and often cutting themselves
- Tape was being cut for various sizes of metal parts to mask during shot peening
- After working with Budnick, the customer was able to double production