Budnick die cuts adhesive tapes and flexible materials to a variety of custom shapes and sizes that can be provided on a sheet or on a roll
Rotary Die Cutting
Using precision engraved steel cylinders, we can quickly and easily die-, cavity-, kiss-, or butt-cut a wide variety of roll goods - both adhesive and non-adhesives tapes, foams, foils, plastics, and films up to 1/8" thick.
Flatbed Die Cutting
Flatbed die-cutting helps save money on tooling and accommodates thicker and softer material than most rotary methods allow. This process is ideal for shorter but still intricate production runs.
Advanced equipment allows us to minimize scrap and maximize runtimes and production efficiency - from longer length rolls and finger lift edges, to reduced scrap by spacing parts without a matrix.
What We Offer
We have the versatility to die cut almost any material with a multitude of different processes and hit customer specs every time. Each machine and operator have different qualities that line up with individual customer needs and our years of knowledge makes Budnick the best in the industry. Our rotary presses allow us to provide both roll and sheeted parts while holding the tightest of tolerances. The flatbed department can work with tricky materials and still provide the edge quality and product consistency of a tooled part. Whether you’re looking for a doubled coated die cut adhesive in roll form for long production runs or a less dense individual foam part with tight tolerances we’ll find the right process and provide the right part every time.
Budnick Die Cuts: Tape | Pressure Sensitive Materials | Silicone Rubber | Fabric | Label Stock | Plastic Liner | Plastic | Gasket Materials | UHMW | Foil | Non-Woven | Foam | Silicone Foam | Abrasive | Specialty Materials | Rubber & More
Budnick has developed a series of proprietary die-cutting processes that lead to cleaner, more accurate cuts. Read on to learn how else we've improved our customers' processes!
Case Study Efficiency
An interior sign manufacturer came to Budnick looking to solve several issues within their applications, products, and production processes.
- Budnick's in-depth process audit was performed to analyze current systems
- Suggested alternative tapes that outperformed previously used tapes and liquids
- Working directly with the customer’s team led to optimal efficiency implementations
Case Study Production-Friendly Attachment
Budnick's die-cutting capabilities and expertise with extended liners helped create user-friendly solutions for a major automation and controls manufacturer.
- High bond acrylic foam was die cut to the customer's exact specifications
- Added a 12 point liner that is stiff enough for easy release & and a finger-lift tab to simplify product assembly
- Designed packaging that would prevent shipping damage & also act as a dispenser unit for the parts
Electronic Device Repair Die Cuts
Budnick's narrow width slitting and die-cutting capabilities enhanced this electronic device repair company's efficiencies when repairing Apple Watches
- Customer's previous converter could not consistently slit to narrow widths
- Budnick recommended switching to a tape that is much more ideal for bonding applications within electronic devices
- Various die-cut shapes and sizes presented on a single pad sped up production time and eliminated the use of unsafe cutting tools