Budnick die cuts adhesive tapes and flexible materials to a variety of custom shapes and sizes that can be provided on a sheet or in a roll
Rotary Die Cutting
Using precision engraved steel cylinders, we can quickly and easily die-, cavity-, kiss-, or butt-cut a wide variety of roll goods - both adhesive and non-adhesives tapes, foams, foils, plastics, and films up to 1/8" thick.
Flatbed Die Cutting
Flatbed die-cutting helps save money on tooling and accommodates thicker and softer material than most rotary methods allow. This process is ideal for shorter but still intricate production runs.
Advanced equipment allows us to minimize scrap and maximize runtimes and production efficiency - from longer length rolls and finger lift edges, to reduced scrap by spacing parts without a matrix.
What We Offer
We have the versatility to die cut almost any material with a multitude of different processes and hit customer specs every time. Each machine and operator have different qualities that line up with individual customer needs and our years of knowledge makes Budnick the best in the industry. Our rotary presses allow us to provide both roll and sheeted parts while holding the tightest of tolerances. The flatbed department can work with tricky materials and still provide the edge quality and product consistency of a tooled part. Whether you’re looking for a doubled coated die cut adhesive in roll form for long production runs or a less dense individual foam part with tight tolerances we’ll find the right process and provide the right part every time.
Budnick Die Cuts: Tape | Pressure Sensitive Materials | Silicone Rubber | Fabric | Label Stock | Plastic Liner | Plastic | Gasket Materials | UHMW | Foil | Non-Woven | Foam | Silicone Foam | Abrasive | Specialty Materials | Rubber & More
Budnick has developed a series of proprietary die-cutting processes that lead to cleaner, more accurate cuts. Read on to learn how else we've improved our customers' processes!
Case Study Process Review
This customer was spending far too much time masking cabinets before wash and baking cycles, having to use different tapes for each step.
- Process review was performed with a trusted tape manufacturer
- Implemented a tape that withstood both the painting and powder coating processes
- Converted products saved the customer valuable production time
Case Study Enhanced Production
Lacking in production efficiency and healthy hands, this aerospace came to Budnick in search of solutions for a complex masking application.
- Workers were cutting tape by hand and often cutting themselves
- Tape was being cut for various sizes of metal parts to mask during shot peening
- After working with Budnick, the customer was able to double production
Case Study Production-Friendly Attachment
Budnick's die-cutting capabilities and expertise with extended liners helped create user-friendly solutions for a major automation and controls manufacturer.
- High bond acrylic foam was die cut to the customer's exact specifications
- Added a 12 point liner that is stiff enough for easy release & and a finger-lift tab to simplify product assembly
- Designed packaging that would prevent shipping damage & also act as a dispenser unit for the parts