Using the correct process and capability for a material and job is invaluable when it comes to precision parts. Our wide array of presses and their individual characteristics allows us to identify, trial, and ultimately start production using the appropriate machine for customers’ materials/parts.
Rotary Die Cutting
Using precision engraved steel cylinders, we can quickly and easily die-, cavity-, kiss-, or butt-cut a wide variety of roll goods - both adhesive and non-adhesives tapes, foams, plastics, and films up to 1/8"thick.
Flatbed Die Cutting
Flatbed die-cutting helps save money on tooling and accommodates thicker and softer material than most rotary methods allow. This process is ideal for shorter but still intricate production runs.
Advanced equipment allows us to minimize scrap and maximize runtimes and production efficiency - from longer length rolls and finger lift edges, to reduced scrap by spacing parts without a matrix.
What We Offer
We have the versatility to die cut almost any material with a multitude of different processes and hit customer specs every time. Each machine and operator have different qualities that line up with individual customer needs and our years of knowledge makes Budnick the best in the industry. Our rotary presses allow us to provide both roll and sheeted parts while holding the tightest of tolerances. The flatbed department can work with tricky materials and still provide the edge quality and product consistency of a tooled part. Whether you’re looking for a doubled coated die cut adhesive in roll form for long production runs or a less dense individual foam part with tight tolerances we’ll find the right process and provide the right part every time.
Materials: Tape | Pressure Sensitive Materials | Silicone Rubber | Fabric | Label Stock | Plastic Liner | Plastic | Gasket Materials | UHMW | Foil | Non-Woven | Foam | Silicone Foam | Abrasive | Specialty Materials | Rubber & More
Budnick has developed a series of proprietary die-cutting processes that lead to cleaner, more accurate cuts. Read on to learn how else we've improved our customers' processes!
Case Study Enhanced Production
Lacking in production efficiency and healthy hands, this aerospace came to Budnick in search of solutions for a complex masking application.
- Workers were cutting tape by hand and often cutting themselves
- Tape was being cut for various sizes of metal parts to mask during shot peening
- After working with Budnick, the customer was able to double production
Case Study Product Selection
We worked with an injection molder whose customer, a thermostat manufacturer, needed an adhesive solution for multiple applications.
- Customer needed a solution for both mounting and surface protection
- Two different tapes were proposed and converted to meet customer needs
- Additional modifications to the tab were made to ease material handling
Case Study Converting Experts
Unable to obtain them directly from the manufacturer, a distributor turned to Budnick to supply and convert hook and loop dots.
- Hook and loop dots would be used for promotional displays in a cell phone retailer
- 3/8’’ diameter hook and loop dots were processed after laborious trial and error
- Budnick provided the dots to the customer in pancake rolls as well as spools