Using the correct process and capability for a material and job is invaluable when it comes to precision parts. Our wide array of presses and their individual characteristics allows us to identify, trial, and ultimately start production using the appropriate machine for customers’ materials/parts.
Rotary Die Cutting
Using precision engraved steel cylinders, we can quickly and easily die-, cavity-, kiss-, or butt-cut a wide variety of roll goods - both adhesive and non-adhesives tapes, foams, plastics, and films up to 1/8"thick.
Flatbed Die Cutting
Flatbed die-cutting helps save money on tooling and accommodates thicker and softer material than most rotary methods allow. This process is ideal for shorter but still intricate production runs.
Advanced equipment allows us to minimize scrap and maximize runtimes and production efficiency - from longer length rolls and finger lift edges, to reduced scrap by spacing parts without a matrix.
What We Offer
We have the versatility to die cut almost any material with a multitude of different processes and hit customer specs every time. Each machine and operator have different qualities that line up with individual customer needs and our years of knowledge makes Budnick the best in the industry. Our rotary presses allow us to provide both roll and sheeted parts while holding the tightest of tolerances. The flatbed department can work with tricky materials and still provide the edge quality and product consistency of a tooled part. Whether you’re looking for a doubled coated die cut adhesive in roll form for long production runs or a less dense individual foam part with tight tolerances we’ll find the right process and provide the right part every time.
Materials: Tape | Pressure Sensitive Materials | Silicone Rubber | Fabric | Label Stock | Plastic Liner | Plastic | Gasket Materials | UHMW | Foil | Non-Woven | Foam | Silicone Foam | Abrasive | Specialty Materials | Rubber & More
Budnick has developed a series of proprietary die-cutting processes that lead to cleaner, more accurate cuts. Read on to learn how else we've improved our customers' processes!
Case Study Efficiency
An interior sign manufacturer came to Budnick looking to solve several issues within their applications, products, and production processes.
- Budnick's in-depth process audit was performed to analyze current systems
- Suggested alternative tapes that outperformed previously used tapes and liquids
- Working directly with the customer’s team led to optimal efficiency implementations
Case Study Small Changes
A display manufacturer needed to increase the speed in which its finishing department was using tape, while the end user required decreased assembly time.
- Budnick recommended reducing the roll width and adding an extended liner
- Budnick expected the customer to balk at a price increase due to increased machining
- Customer realized the justification for the changes after seeing the extended liner’s easy removability
Case Study Converting Experts
Unable to obtain them directly from the manufacturer, a distributor turned to Budnick to supply and convert hook and loop dots.
- Hook and loop dots would be used for promotional displays in a cell phone retailer
- 3/8’’ diameter hook and loop dots were processed after laborious trial and error
- Budnick provided the dots to the customer in pancake rolls as well as spools