Laminating and Coating
Adhesive lamination and coating allow you to create custom adhesives that fit your project's specific needs by applying almost any adhesive to nearly any substrate.
Budnick can quickly laminate adhesive to one or both sides of rigid and flexible foams, rubbers, plastics, textiles, FRP panels, and many other materials in one pass.
Adhesive coating is an economical way to create custom patterns of adhesives and can be done inline with other processes to create custom shapes or add features like finger-lift liners.
What We Offer
This process applies a precise thickness of either permanent or removable adhesive to your material. Your specifications determine the coating thickness necessary for optimal performance. Adhesive coating is also a way to create custom patterns of adhesive, including irregular shapes, lanes, and ungummed areas - meeting whatever production requirements you may have.
Our 60-inch wide heat laminating system allows us to laminate one or both sides with adhesive and cut sheeted materials in a single pass. We can quickly laminate adhesive to rigid and flexible foams, rubbers, plastics, textiles, FRP panels, and many other materials.
Budnick has created custom adhesive products for a wide range of applications to improve the process and performance of products across a variety of industries.
Laminating Decorative Signage to Foam Board
Budnick's adhesive laminating capabilities helped a sign manufacturer enhance their process of bonding decorative sheets to foam board prior to router cutting
- Eliminated dangerous workspace conditions created by the liquid adhesive
- High bond double sided tape eliminated lengthy cure times
- Evenly laminated panels improved product quality
Case Study Improved Process
Too much wasted product and stoppages during production brought this architectural window manufacturer to Budnick.
- Tape was inconsistent when being applied to window muntin bars
- Workers were applying the tape by hand, resulting in too much wasted material
- Budnick’s production manager worked directly with customer on the application issue
Case Study Adhesive Tab
This customer came to Budnick requesting our help in creating an adhesive tab matrix with easy application onto a film.
- The tab needed to stick quickly in a temperature range from 0 – 150°F
- Tab required bondability to both sides of the film
- The tab would be part of a product used to collect crops while in the fields