At Budnick, we're focused on making sure you have the knowledge base you need to make the right decisions for your projects.
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Keep up to date on news and articles directly impacting your industry, adhesive advances, and learning opportunities for expanding your knowledge base.
Download the eBook
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your particular application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Case Study Vendor Partners
A transfer tape was causing plywood to delaminate from various other materials, including, magnetic materials, styrene, and other plywood.
- Needed a durable tape that would bond to multiple materials
- The materials would be part of pre-school toys – no room for error
- Consulted with a trusted supplier to source a product that met cost and application needs
Case Study Product Selection
Finding a repositionable tape that bonds to silicone without interfering with thermal conductivity put Budnick’s tape experts to the test.
- Typically, silicone only bonds to silicone, but silicone tapes affected thermal conductivity
- Sufficient amount of testing took place before finding an acrylic transfer
- The acrylic adhesive did not prevent the heat transferring through the interface
Case Study Improving Efficiency
We were brought into this account to help improve the efficiency, with downtime and material waste becoming a problem.
- Customer had to change out pancake rolls far too frequently
- Budnick application engineers collaborated with a tape manufacturer to find an optimal solution
- Introduced the possibility of using traverse round rolls and an unwind stand/dispenser