At Budnick, we're focused on making sure you have the knowledge base you need to make the right decisions for your projects.
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Keep up to date on news and articles directly impacting your industry, adhesive advances, and learning opportunities for expanding your knowledge base.
Download the eBook
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your particular application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Case Study Small Changes
A display manufacturer needed to increase the speed in which its finishing department was using tape, while the end user required decreased assembly time.
- Budnick recommended reducing the roll width and adding an extended liner
- Budnick expected the customer to balk at a price increase due to increased machining
- Customer realized the justification for the changes after seeing the extended liner’s easy removability
Case Study Adaptation
After not having any success with vendor solutions, this customer contacted Budnick to design a nontraditional solution for their metal pan sealing needs:
- Adapted a product designed for sealing roofs and metal enclosures
- Withstood all customer application's demanding needs
- Saved customer from recalling over 30,000 units
Case Study Enhanced Production
Lacking in production efficiency and healthy hands, this aerospace came to Budnick in search of solutions for a complex masking application.
- Workers were cutting tape by hand and often cutting themselves
- Tape was being cut for various sizes of metal parts to mask during shot peening
- After working with Budnick, the customer was able to double production