Budnick's multiple slitting capabilities across several machines produce the highest quality converted rolls for each of your diverse applications, whether you need ultra-thin .03" rolls or wide width rolls for laminating, we have the flexibility to slit a wide assortment of materials regardless of their raw dimensions.
Lathe slitting involves spinning large log rolls of adhesive tape while a computer-guided blade slits rolls to your desired width
Rewind Slitting involves unrolling a large master roll of material through a series of strategically placed blades and rewinding rolls into your specified width and length.
What We Offer
Lathe slitting allows Budnick to quickly create slit rolls in specific, non-standard widths to meet the needs of your application. State-of-the-art lathe slitters enable operators to program blade direction, blade speed, and mandrel speed. Computerized controls ensure that every roll of product is slit to meet your exact specification, holding tight tolerances most other converters cannot match.
The electronic microprocessors control working functions for accuracy and repeatability on every roll, making sure that your products adhere to our strict quality standards with each cut.
Winding a large master roll through a series of razor, shear or score blades while rewinding the customized width rolls to a specified length gives a new level of flexibility and efficiency to your engineering and production departments. Extremely narrow or non-standard widths allow your design engineers the freedom not available when working with a small catalog of standard products and sizes. Also, longer machine length pancake rolls reduce downtime in your production process.
With proprietary processes creating cleaner more precise cuts thinner than others are capable of producing, Budnick's slitting solutions have helped numerous customers across a huge variety of industries. Read below to learn about some of our solutions!
Case Study Efficiency
Working in tandem with our distribution customer, we were able to identify an ideal solution for the end user, improving both production efficiency and the bottom line.
- Distributor approached Budnick regarding their customer, a vinyl window manufacturer
- By modifying the final format we were able to reduce machine stoppage dramatically
- Several options were presented to consider and implement in their processes
Case Study Environmental
A building materials manufacturer came to Budnick after experiencing failure with a tape they were using on their fiberglass insulation line.
- Used in a flying splice application, it needed to perform in extreme temperatures
- A double coated PET tape was found to work well in both winter and summer months
- A die-cut tab was supplied to the customer to better support the splice
Case Study Electronic Device Repair Die Cuts
Budnick's narrow width slitting and die-cutting capabilities enhanced this electronic device repair company's efficiencies when repairing Apple Watches
- Customer's previous converter could not consistently slit to narrow widths
- Budnick recommended switching to a tape that is much more ideal for bonding applications within electronic devices
- Various die-cut shapes and sizes presented on a single pad sped up production time and eliminated the use of unsafe cutting tools