Quality Systems Specialist
Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 60 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide support and assistance to the Budnick staff in all phases of the quality control system program development and implementation; meeting the ISO 9001 Standard. The role involves evaluating the company’s systems & processes, identifying areas for improvements, and implementing corrective actions.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to remain in stationary sitting position for 75% of the time. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers, vendors and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must have the ability to visually inspect parts.
- Responsible for maintaining company’s certification to the ISO 9001 Standard.
- Maintain/assist in maintaining the Customer Feedback System. Responsible for customer returns, evaluating product, working with department managers on establishing root cause analysis and corrective actions. Responsible for documenting & analyzing all customer feedback and corrective actions.
- Maintain/assist in maintaining the internal auditing program. Schedule internal audits, conduct follow-up on internal audits, report corrective actions and root causes and conduct audits.
- Perform/assist in performing vendor returns and generating all paperwork related to vendor returns including internal non-conformances, reporting information to vendors, requesting return authorization, requesting, and maintaining supplier corrective action reports and requesting credits.
- Perform inspections of in-process/returned materials to verify compliance to material specifications.
- Maintain/assist in maintaining document and data control of all QMS documents. Assist in creating, implementing, and managing quality work instruction files, updating when required by corrective actions or production.
- Responsible for assisting in identifying areas for process improvements throughout the company. Create and lead quality meetings to implement process improvements.
- Assist with training employees on the Quality System, Quality Objectives and the Quality Policy.
- Maintain/assist in quality management system reports, CFRs, OTDs, return dollars, calibration, etc. Scheduling and coordinating management review meetings.
- Request, create and/or file certificates of conformance, corrective action reports and other quality documentation.
- Open and close sales orders as needed.
- Create/assist in creating and maintaining customer PPAPs and IMDS.
- Perform duties safely and maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in development of long- and short-term Quality Control strategies & implement the plans developed.
- Assist in communicating quality system accomplishments to the VP of Finance and Operations and alerting personnel to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives.
- Assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required. Good organizational and problem-solving skills are a must. Should have a working competency with all office equipment. Filing skills required. Strong computer skills required – must have intermediate level of Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive, and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legible and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Ability to work on multiple projects within different departments at the same time, managing your time wisely with multiple interruptions.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System preferred. Coursework in Microsoft Word and Excel software desired.
Experience: Experience in a comparable position desired.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following, that are paid 100% by the company: PTO, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long-term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us – Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST