Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Warehouse, load and ship all orders as per shipping instructions on traveler/work instructions using shipping and receiving department equipment and company computer system; preparing all paperwork necessary for carriers. Inspect incoming shipments and verify paperwork for accuracy.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office and plant to access file cabinets, machinery, etc., Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Frequent lifting, moving, standing, and handling of production materials and equipment. Must have the capability of lifting up to 55 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machine properly. Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending. Sufficient vision acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect parts produced.
- Receive all incoming material as per standard operating procedures. Check and count all items unloaded from truck or trailer and report discrepancies & damaged goods to the carrier and purchasing department.
- Stock material needed for future orders and forward material needed for immediate use to the plant floor, using pallet jack or forklift truck.
- Pull orders for shipping as per packing slip, traveler and work instructions, using pallet jack or forklift truck.
- Package and load orders as per shipping instructions on traveler and work instructions, using pallet jack or forklift truck. Check and record all items loaded for shipment and prepare required paperwork.
- Upon completion of shipment, forward documentation to accounting department.
- Utilize company software to perform essential functions (ie: finding location of material, moving material, receiving material, printing pick lists, packing slips, etc.)
- Clean department machines and work area on a daily basis. Work as a team to ensure entire production area is clean and clutter free.
- Perform duties safely and maintain a high level of safety awareness. Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives.
- Assist in process improvements.
- Alert teams leader and/or the customer service department to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner.
- Assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: All candidates must be able to read and write English and pass a basic math test. HS Diploma or GED required. Office clerical skills required. Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail needed. Previous certification as a forklift operator desirable, but not required.
Shift Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm M-F
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including paid vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefit. We also offer medical (premiums paid 100% by Budnick for the basic plan), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Starting salary is dependent on experience and ability to pass a basic computer and math test.
Equal Opportunity Employer
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST