Manufacturing Cost Estimator
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to remain in stationary sitting position for 75% of the time. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Document and log all material & labor cost estimate information and converting instructions in the computer program for tracking purposes. Provide estimate to the business development representative, account manager, sales representative or customer.
- Request samples from production and/or manufacturer ensuring that chosen production methods are applicable.
- Assist Estimators with setting up new items and assemblies in the system.
- Review production issues that require process changes.
- Work with estimators, BDRs, sales representative(s) and account managers regarding customer business, new opportunities, follow up on quotes and orders; managing business as a team. Support all team members, covering for each other as needed to help take care of the customer.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in the development of long term estimating strategies & help implement the plan(s) developed. Communicate estimation ideas and accomplishments to the Operations Manager.
- Assist in the training of new department employees.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives and assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Excellent mathematical aptitude required. Good organizational and problem-solving skills a must. Should have a working competency with all office equipment. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legibly and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Work cooperatively with a variety of individuals. Gain the confidence and trust of others. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure. Quickly grasp new concepts, approaches or systems. Employ resourcefulness when problem solving to meet customer needs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree or course work related to math, general business, engineering or industry specific topics desired.
Experience: Estimation or converting knowledge or previous experience at Budnick Converting a plus, but not required.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage + commission
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST