tesa tape inc 4959
General Purpose Affixing, Joining & Splicing Tape
959 is a 4 mil, double-coated tissue mounting and splicing tape. It is primarily used for mounting name plates, signs, attaching PDA components and splicing webs.
|Adhesion (liner)||56.6 oz/in|
|Adhesion (unwind)||56.6 oz/in|
|Min. Application Temp||40° F|
|Min. Service Temp||0° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp||392° F|
|Max Long-Term Temp||176° F|
- Non-woven tissue backing improves shear performance
- Very high tack adhesive
- Colored version for splice identification
- Plasticizer resistant
- Good shear resistance
- Resistant to light and aging
- Tackified acrylic adhesive
- Commercial printing
- Point of Purchase
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Mounting of signs, covers & name plates
- Self-adhesive mounting of plastic bags, dispatch bags, stationery, posters & displays
- Attaching cellular phone components
- Mounting of door linings in the automotive industry
- Splicing of paper and film webs
- Process in lamination support in leather industry
Adhesive Tape Colors
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.