Permacel/Nitto Denko America P12L
Aluminum/Cloth Laminated Tape
P12L is a woven cloth laminated with a dead soft aluminum foil and presented on a release liner. This tape is used for sound & vibration damping, sheet metal repair and aircraft stripping mask-off. It is often used in aircraft fuselage interior panels, under auto hoods, auto trunk lids, floor & door panels, under stainless steel sinks, on hi-fi speakers and on metal furniture.
|Adhesion (unwind)||50 oz/in|
|Min. Application Temp||40° F|
|Min. Service Temp||0° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp|
|Max Long-Term Temp|
- Effectively combine the superior protective and sealing advantages of metallic materials with the ease of handling and application characteristics of pressure-sensitive products
- Cloth element of tape's backing provides superb cushioning effect, making it ideal for sound and vibration damping applications
- Easily die cut
- Solvent resistant, waterproof, and weather resistant
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Sound & vibration damping
- Aircraft fuselage
- Auto hoods
- Trunk lids
- Floor & door panels
- Underside of stainless steel sinks
- Hi-fi speakers
- Metal furniture
- Sheet metal repair
- Side panel gouge repair
- Sealing plastic window seams in aircraft stripping
- Masking where direct flame is applied for limited time periods
Adhesive Tape Colors
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.