Silicone/ Acrylic Double Coated Film Tape
A 3.74 mil. polyester film backing with a silicone coating and an arcylic coating on opposite sides used for bonding silicone rubber to higher surface energy materials. The silicone adhesive features strong holding power to various silicone surfaces, good temperature performance and good solvent resistance. Acrylic adhesive also offers high adhesion to a variety of surfaces along with good high temperature performance and good solvent resistance. Acrylic 350 adhesive provides very high adhesion to a wide variety of materials, excellent shear holding power, high temperature resistance and excellent UV resistance. A thin polyester carrier in this product provides dimensional stability and improved handling with ease of die cutting and lamination compared to adhesive transfer tapes. Initial tape application below 50°F is not recommended because the adhesive becomes too firm to adhere readily. However, once properly applied, low temperature holding is generally satisfactory. The bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improves bond strength. Guidelines to apply strips of adhesive/ 3M dispenser selection (for example): manual dispensers- C25, H10, H128, M712, M742, H744, P52 and P56/ definite length dispensers- M82, M87, M96, M910, M920/ semiautomatic dispensers- S625 w/ attachment, T646 and T653.
|Backing/Carrier||PET - Polyester|
|Adhesion (liner)||48 oz/in|
|Adhesion (unwind)||121 oz/in|
|Min. Application Temp||50° F|
|Min. Service Temp||0° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp||350° F|
|Max Long-Term Temp||250° F|
- 1.0 mil. polyester backing
- 1.6 mil. acrylic adhesive on one side
- 1.14 silicone adhesive on one side
- 90° peel adhesion to ABS: 74 oz./in. (unwind)
- 90° peel adhesion to polycarbonate: 60 oz./in. (unwind)
- 90° peel adhesion to polypropylene: 44 oz./in. (unwind)
- 90° peel adhesion to ABS: 39 oz./in. (liner)
- 90° peel adhesion to polycarbonate: 42 oz./in. (liner)
- 90° peel adhesion to polypropylene: 40 oz./in. (liner)
- Shear strength: 1000 gms at 72°F for 10,000 min.
- Shear strength: 500 gms at 158°F for 10,000 min.
- Volume resistivity: 3.4 x 10 to the 15th power
- Silicone adhesive surface resistivity: 2.6 x 10 to the 15th power
- Acrylic adhesive surface resistivity: 7.4 x 10 to the 15th power
- Excellent shear holding power
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent UV resistance
- High bond to many surfaces
- Good bond to silicone rubber
- Dimensional stability with improved handling and ease of die cutting
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Bonding silicone rubber to higher surface energy materials where necessary for applications
Adhesive Tape Colors
We're sorry, there are no sizes currently available for this product.
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.