Composite Bonding Tape
A 2.3 mil high temperature tape with a silicone adhesive for use in solar panel production, composite bagging operations, or to help remove flashing after bonding. Designed to provide clean removal during masking operations involving high temperatures and pressure.
|Backing||PET - Polyester|
|Adhesion (unwind)||32 oz/in|
|Min. Application Temp||40° F|
|Min. Service Temp||-60° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp||400° F|
|Max Long-Term Temp|
- Polyester film retains flexibility and thermal resistance
- Polyester film also is abrasion, chemical and thermal resistant
- Silicone adhesive has higher heat resistance than many other adhesives
- Reduces failures due to cracking
- Reduces failures due to backing deterioration
- Redcues failure due to softening, oozing, adhesive transfer
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Composite and metal bonding - removes cleanly from stainless steel, anodizied aluminum and glass after a 5 hour bake cycle at 350°F
- Masking edges of overlap seams in metal bonding process where excess epoxy ("flash") flows onto tape. Clean up is complete upon tape removal
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during bonding process
- Masking parts for powder coat painting
- Splicing silicone treated materials
Adhesive Tape Colors
We're sorry, there are no sizes currently available for this product.
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.