Optically Clear Adhesive
8215 is a 5.0 mil. optically clear, acrylic adhesive transfer tape. It is designed for general purpose applications including displays touch applications where high adhesion is critical.
|Min. Application Temp||40° F|
|Min. Service Temp||-40° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp|
|Max Long-Term Temp||185° F|
- 5.0 mil. acrylic adhesive
- Haze: 0.8%
- Refractive index: 1.4743 (+/ - 0.0005, measured for Sodium D line @ 25°C
- Light Transmission: >99.2%
- High temp.: 185°F for 500 hours; low temp.: -40°F for 500 hours; high temp./ humidity: 149°F at 95% R.H. for 500 hours; Thermal shock: one hour at -40°F followed by one hour at 185°F through 200 cycles
- 90° peel adhesion to glass: 69oz./in.; 90° peel adhesion to acrylic: 57oz./in.; 90° peel adhesion to polycarbonate: 50oz./in
- Shear Adhesion: 500 grams at 128°F upon a 1" x 1/2" area>10000 minutes to failure
- Resistant to high temperatures, high humidity and UV exposure
- Long term durability without yellowing, delaminating or degrading
- High cohesive and peel strength for reliably bonding most transparent substrates
- Maximum bond strength is achieved after 72 hours of dwell time
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Touchscreens for bonding film and glass laminates
- Transparent graphic overlays
- Projection screens
- Avionics/military displays
- Optical management films for LCD
We're sorry, there are no sizes currently available for this product.
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.