A 5.0 mil. optically clear laminating tape with 2000MP acrylic adhesive primarily used for bonding wide web, (up to 48"), applications and high stress laminates. This product also consists of two film liners for optimum adhesive smoothness and differential release for ease of processing and protection from contamination. 9483 tape is free of birefringence with no film carrier and is wound on plastic cores and wrapped in plastic to eliminate paper fiber contamination. Tape is inspected to reduce the occurrence of bubbles, dirt, gels and other optical distortions. Adhesive withstands environmental, (temperature), tests under conditions specified, (see features), without any deterioration in visible appearance, physical integrity or optical performance. Over the entire test duration, there were no changes in transmission over the visible spectrum. See 3M data sheet for Reflective-Corrected Total Luminous Transmittance vs. Wavelength charts and also Processing Description.
||Polyester (3.0 mil.)
|Adhesion to Steel
Adhesive Tape Features
- 5.0 mil. 2000MP acrylic adhesive.
- Haze: 0.7%
- Refractive index: 1.4740 (+/ - 0.0005, measured at 633nm.)
- High temp.: 185°F for 500 hours; low temp.: -40°F for 500 hours; high temp./ humidity: 158°F at 90% R.H. for 500 hours
- Thermal shock: one hour at -40°F followed by one hour at 185°F through 200 cycles
- 90° peel adhesion to glass: 156oz./in.
- 90° peel adhesion to acrylic: 75oz./in.
- 90° peel adhesion to polycarbonate: 41oz./in
- Resistant to high temperatures, high humidity, and UV exposure
- Long term durability without yellowing, delaminating or degrading
- High cohesive and peel strength to reliably bond most transparent substrates
- Withstands splashes of numerous chemicals including acetone, isopropyl alcohol and cleaners
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Touchscreens for bonding film and glass laminates
- Transparent graphic overlays
- Projection screens
- Avionics/ military displays
- Optical management films for LCD
Adhesive Tape Markets Served
Adhesive Tape Colors