Permacel/Nitto Denko America
Aluminum/Cloth Laminated Tape
P12 is a woven cloth laminated with a dead soft aluminum foil. This 16 mil tape is used for sound & vibration damping, sheet metal repair and aircraft stripping mask-off. It is often used in aircraft fuselage interior panels, under auto hoods, auto trunk lids, floor & door panels, under stainless steel sinks, on hi-fi speakers and on metal furniture.
|Adhesion (unwind)||50 oz/in|
|Min. Application Temp||40° F|
|Min. Service Temp||0° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp|
|Max Long-Term Temp|
- Weather resistant
- Available in a linered form for ease of application (P12L)
- Cloth creates a soft sound damping property
- Foil creates superior sealing & protecting
- Superior protection of metallic materials with the ease of handling associated with pressure sensitive adhesives
- Cloth backing provides superb sound damping
- Easily die-cut
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Sound & vibration damping
- Aircraft fuselage
- Auto hoods
- Trunk lids
- Floor & door panels
- Underside of stainless steel sinks
- Hi-fi speakers
- Metal furniture
- Sheet metal repair
- Side panel gouge repair
- Sealing plastic window seams in aircraft stripping
- Masking where direct flame is applied for limited time periods
- Chemical stripping
- Window masking
- Aircraft window stripping masks
Adhesive Tape Colors
Precision Cutting, Die Cutting, Slitting, Printing, Laminating and Coating, Spooling and Finishing, Consulting & Process Audit, Prototyping, Inventory Management
At Budnick, we specialize in custom converting these materials into labor saving, user-friendly parts.
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.