8992L Polyester Tape
3M 8992L Polyester Tape is a dark green polyester tape with silicone adhesive on a polyester liner. It can be used in a large variety of high temperature applications including powder-coat and custom masking applications. The linered version is ideal for die cuts, custom shapes and widths.
|Backing/Carrier||PET - Polyester|
|Adhesion (unwind)||33 oz/in|
|Min. Application Temp||50° F|
|Min. Service Temp||-60° F|
|Max Short-Term Temp|
|Max Long-Term Temp||400° F|
- Polyester film is solvent, heat, abrasion and shrink resistant
- Green color makes tape placement obvious for both application and removal
- Thin backing leaves a sharp paint line
- Silicone adhesive is very heat resistant allowing its use in high temperature operations
- Silicone adhesive removes cleanly from many surfaces
- Linered tape allows for custom die cuts and roll widths
- Arts & Entertainment
- Arts & Entertainment
Adhesive Tape Applications
- Masking for powdercoat painting
- Flashbreaker tape when pulling through cured surfaces such as silicone liner
- Holding and splicing difficult to stick to surfaces such as silicone liner
- Complex die cuts for unique application
Adhesive Tape Colors
Precision Cutting, Die Cutting, Slitting, Printing, Laminating and Coating, Spooling and Finishing, Consulting & Process Audit, Prototyping, Inventory Management
At Budnick, we specialize in custom converting these materials into labor saving, user-friendly parts.
Data provided by Budnick Converting, Inc.
The physical properties listed are typical values and are not to be considered as specifications. Our suggestions for use are based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the purchaser must carry out their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their internal use. Information is given in good faith, but without warranty.
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
Shelf life from date of manufacture is based on the product being stored at 70°F(21°C) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.
Specification compliance is dynamic and should only be used as a general guide. Always confirm that the tape you are interested in currently complies with all specification requirements. Please verify that the product number that you select is available in the proper size and color to meet your specification.